Thursday, March 9, 2017

#637 - Brett Butler


What a card: This is Brett Butler's first flagship Topps card as a Cleveland Indian after appearing as an Indian in the 1984 Topps Traded set.

My observation on the front: Brett seems mildly amused.

More opinion from me: Remember when the comedian Brett Butler started getting famous and then had her own sitcom, "Grace Under Fire"? When you mentioned Brett Butler during the mid-1990s, half the time people thought you were referring to the comedian. I didn't find her or her show entertaining, so I was never referring to her when I said "Brett Butler," dammit.

Something you might know: Known as one of the top leadoff hitters of his era, Butler came back from cancer of the tonsils to play for the Dodgers in 1996.

Something you might not know: Butler holds the MLB mark for most career bunt hits with the bases empty with 188.


My observation on the back: I wonder whether Rose is still Butler's idol?

The blog wants to speak now: The News category is updated.

No comments: