Sunday, April 1, 2012

#33 - Tito Landrum


What a card: Tito Landrum had just completed the only season in his nine-year major league career in which he would play in more than 100 games. He was also about to embark on his most successful season. Landrum hit very well for the Cardinals in both the 1985 NLCS and the World Series.

My observation on the front: I love dark-colored bats. I think if any ballplayer wants to increase their "coolness" factor, they need to bring a black bat to the plate.

More opinion from me: Landrum's pants are too tight.

Something you might know: Landrum delivered the ALCS-clinching home run in the 10th inning of Game 4 in the Orioles' victory over the White Sox during the 1983 championship series. He had been a late-season acquisition on Aug. 31, barely becoming eligible for the postseason.

Something you might not know: Landrum was a minor league teammate of Randy Poffo in 1973. Poffo would go on to be known as Randy Savage, a.k.a., pro wrestling's "Macho Man" Randy Savage. When Randy died in 2011, Landrum was quoted on his recollections of his ex-teammate. He said that when he finally learned of the former ballplayer's new gig, Poffo would leave him tickets to his wrestling matches. Landrum is quoted as telling Poffo after watching a wrestling match, "I've got more teeth in my mouth than the entire front row, Randy!"


My observation on the back: I'll just let that single sentence sink in a little. But it's true.

The blog wants to speak now: Yet another early morning for me. I'll try to update some of the tabs during the day Sunday.

1 comment:

Commishbob said...

EVERY Oriole fan loves Tito. That homer was epic!