Monday, April 23, 2018

#781 - Jim Gantner


What a card: Jim Gantner was firmly entrenched as the Brewers' second baseman in 1985, registering a second straight season of more than 700 at-bats and 170 hits in 1984.

My observation on the front: You've got to tell me what that T-shirt says, Jim.

More opinion from me: I remember when Gantner was first coming up to the majors. I wanted to call him "Ganter," with no second "n". I almost resented having to say "Gantner".

Something you might know: Gantner played all 17 of his major league seasons with the Brewers. He was Milwaukee's starting second baseman during the 1982 World Series against the Cardinals.

Something you might not know: Gantner pinch-ran for Hank Aaron in Aaron's final major league game. Aaron hit an RBI single in the sixth inning on Oct. 3, 1976. Gantner then replaced Aaron.


My observation on the back: I am now trying to envision an umpire calling a strike with his left arm. It's ... odd.

The blog wants to speak now: The TV category is updated.

No comments: