Wednesday, April 11, 2018

#777 - Ned Yost


What a card: Backup catcher Ned Yost completed his first and only season with the Texas Rangers in 1984. He was released by the Rangers in April of 1985 and picked up by the Expos. This is his final Topps card as a player.

My observation on the front: Scanning really brings out a cards imperfections. I never noticed the speckles on the left border until I scanned it.

More opinion from me: Players from the '80s who are now managers make me feel old. Yes, I know there are managers who played in the '00s.

Something you might know: Yost was the manager for Royals World Series teams of 2014 and 2015 and helped K.C. to its first World Series title since 1985.

Something you might not know: Yost worked an after-school job at Kentucky Fried Chicken when he was a teenager. He credits scrubbing pots for building up his catcher's arm strength.


My observation on the back: Mantle is still the all-time World Series RBI leader. The only non-Yankee that is in the top-10 in this category is Duke Snider.

The blog wants to speak now: The News category is updated.

2 comments:

Rob said...

I'm not emotionally prepared for this blog to end.

steelehere said...

The big mystery is will the 1985 Topps Traded Set be covered as well?