Tuesday, September 1, 2015

#447 - Jeff Lahti


What a card: Jeff Lahti was entering the 1985 season after appearing in a career-high 63 games in 1984. He was used mostly as a set-up man for closer Bruce Sutter.

My observation on the front: It must be a cold day as Lahti has the long sleeves on.

More opinion from me: That's a very '80s mustache.

Something you might know: Lahti became the Cardinals' primary closer in 1985 after Sutter signed with the Braves. He saved a team-high 19 games as St. Louis reached the World Series.

Something you might not know: Lahti's daughter, Alyse, briefly dated Tiger Woods, and was known as Tiger's first "post-scandal girlfriend."


My observation on the back: Lahti's home town is so abbreviated I had to look it up. It turns out "H'd River" is "Hood River". I think they could have squeezed in a pair of O's.

The blog wants to speak now: The Pop Culture tab is updated again. Famous people keep dying.

No comments: