Monday, May 19, 2014

#293 - Curt Young


What a card: This is Curt Young's rookie card. He also has cards in the '85 Donruss and Fleer sets.

My observation on the front: That blurry background reminds me of 1984 Donruss.

More opinion from me: Still bugs me that the color used in the design is yellow and not gold.

Something you might know: Young is the A's pitching coach. It's his second time in the position with the A's. In between he was the pitching coach for the Red Sox.

Something you might not know: Young pitched two one-hitters in his career in 1986 and 1987. The first one was broken up by the Royals' Kevin Seitzer in the eighth, and the second was broken up by the White Sox's Ken Williams, also in the eighth.


My observation on the back: Frank Viola was also on the U.S. roster with Young in the 1980 world tournament.

The blog wants to speak now: The Pop Culture category is updated.

No comments: