Thursday, May 15, 2014

#292 - Brad Komminsk


What a card: This is the first Topps card issued of Brad Komminsk, after he hit .203 in his rookie season.

My observation on the front: Don't you dare flip that bat, Brad!!!

More opinion from me: I really miss the days when every move the Braves made was the wrong one. Have I said that before? I believe I have.

Something you might know: Komminsk was considered a huge can't miss prospect after tearing up the Braves' minor league system between 1980-83, but he struggled mightily in the majors and was never better than a backup for several teams after he flopped with the Braves.

Something you might not know: After his .203 rookie season, Komminsk was asked if he thought there was a sophomore jinx. "I hope not," Komminsk said.


My observation on the back: Geez, DiMaggio holds that consecutive games streak, too?

The blog wants to speak now: The Other Cards tab is updated.

No comments: