Wednesday, May 2, 2018

#784 - Checklist, Cards 661-792


What a card: This is the last of the six checklists in the set.

My observation on the front: I like the little star next to each of the all-star cards. It's like a little emoji 25 years before anybody knew what that was.

More opinion from me: Nobody's convinced me that numbered checklists no longer belong in baseball card sets.

Something you might know: In Topps sets between 1973-1977, this checklist wouldn't exist because there were only 660 cards in the set.

Something you might not know: This is Tom Seaver's final time with a Topps card ending in a zero.


My observation on the back: Avert your eyes from the bottom right corner if you don't want to know the final eight players to receive posts on this set blog (prior to the traded set anyway).

The blog wants to speak now: The Ballgames category is updated.

No comments: