Monday, March 26, 2018

#771 - Geoff Zahn


What a card: Geoff Zahn was in the midst of his final season when this card was issued. He encountered shoulder problems in 1985 and it ended his career.

My observation on the front: It's a sunny day in Anaheim ... or, wherever.

More opinion from me: I cannot write about a Geoff Zahn card and not mention his rookie card, from 1975 Topps. It was the second Dodger card I obtained that first year I collected. I cherished it as much as the Steve Yeager card in that set and to view the '75 Zahn now, especially the mini Zahn, still brings back those old memories.

Something you might know: Zahn became the ace for the 1982 California Angels, who won the AL West pennant before losing to the Brewers in the playoffs.

Something you might not know: Lou Piniella described being struck out by Zahn, who was known more for his finesse than power, like "being bitten by a stuffed panda."


My observation on the back: Zahn returned to Michigan to be the head coach for the baseball team during the late 1990s.

The blog wants to speak now: The News category is updated.

No comments: