Wednesday, March 7, 2018

#763 - Kiko Garcia


What a card: This is the final card of Kiko Garcia issued during his career. He appeared in 57 games in his second year with the Phillies.

My observation the front: The Phillies uniform doesn't look right on Garcia. I associate him 99.9999 percent with the Orioles. The other .0001 percent goes to the Astros.

More opinion from me: When Garcia came up with the Orioles, my brother thought his name was a hoot. "Kiko," we used it often to hassle my youngest brother, an Orioles fan.

Something you might know: Garcia took the starting shortstop role for the Orioles in 1979 and proved to be a revelation that year in the World Series when he hit .400 and drove in six runs.

Something you might not know: During the 1979 ALCS, Garcia had to post bail for his brother, who was detained for scalping a playoff ticket and then found with drugs when police searched him.


My observation on the back: Christy Mathewson still holds the World Series complete-game record. There isn't anyone more recent than Bob Gibson in the top 10.

The blog wants to speak now: The News category is updated.

No comments: