Thursday, June 23, 2016

#546 - Brent Gaff


What a card: This is Brent Gaff's first card appearance since first showing up in the 1983 Donruss set.

My observation on the front: That is a very Mets card. Orange and blue everywhere. Even the backdrop is orange and blue-ish.

More opinion from me: Brent Gaff's name reminds me of Todd Gack.

Something you might know: Gaff toiled in the Mets minor league system for six years before breaking out during the Mets' emergence during the 1984 season. He appeared in 47 games out of the bullpen.

Something you might not know: Gaff appeared in the 1986 Topps set despite not pitching a single game in 1985. He managed just one minor league appearance that year because of a torn rotator cuff that ended his career. His last MLB appearance was in 1984.


My observation on the back: I don't know how anyone relaxes ice fishing. You're on a sheet of ice in the middle of a lake. There is nothing around except frozen water. I'd be silently screaming in my head the whole time.

The blog wants to speak now: The News category is updated.

No comments: