Friday, January 29, 2016

#496 - Donnie Scott


What a card: This is Donnie Scott's rookie card. He played in a career-high 81 games for the Rangers in 1984, batting .221.

My observation on the front: Scott is looking longingly at his batting doughnut. Must be hungry.

More opinion from me: I miss the days when I had obscure big-leaguers like Donnie Scott on instant recall.

Something you might know: Scott was a backup catcher for the Rangers, Mariners and Reds who played in the majors from 1983-85 and then didn't return to the big leagues until 1990.

Something you might not know: Scott recently returned to manage the Madison Mallards for a fourth season. The Mallards are a team in the Northwoods League, a summer collegiate league that has featured players like Curtis Granderson, Ben Zobrist and Jordan Zimmermann.


My observation on the back: Henderson's stolen base record occurred a mere three years before this card was issued. It was pretty big news. These trivia questions aren't impressing me.

The blog wants to speak now: The Ballgames category is updated.

No comments: