Friday, January 8, 2016

#489 - Bryan Clark


What a card: This is the last card of Bryan Clark in a flagship set. He'll appear in Topps' Traded set when I get to that point of the blog.

My observation on the front: Clark appears saddened that such a boring photo is being used for his card.

More opinion from me: Every time I see photos like this in the 1985 set, I wonder what the hell happened to the excitement that Topps established with its 1983 and 1984 sets.

Something you might know: Clark was a sporadically used relief pitcher who spent most of his time with the Mariners and has one of the more cited baseball cards when people are listing the most comical cards of the 1980s.

Something you might not know: Clark made his major league debut as a pinch-runner on April 11, 1981. He pinch-ran for Mariners designated hitter Richie Zisk in the seventh inning with the Mariners behind 6-3 to the Angels.


My observation on the back: Such a good nickname wasted on such an annoying player.

The blog wants to speak now: The TV category is updated.

No comments: