Monday, January 25, 2016

#494 - Rich Dauer


What a card: Rich Dauer was entering his final season in the majors when this card hit packs. He'd bat a meager .202 in his last year with the O's.

My observation on the front: Dauer might be on the bases easing into third. Or he might be hopping around after fouling one off his foot. It's tough to tell what's going on.

More opinion from me: The Orioles weren't my team, but I liked Bobby Grich. Rich Dauer was a big come down from Grich for me.

Something you might know: Dauer spent his entire career with the Orioles and set an AL record for most consecutive errorless games with 86 in 1978.

Something you might not know: Dauer set the Division I record for hits in a season while playing for USC. He totaled 108 in 1974. The record is now 142, set in 1985 (in 15 more games than USC played in '74).


My observation on the back: I so want to see a Philly Mule mascot.

The blog wants to speak now: The Pop Culture tab is updated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's some world-class misalignment.

20 years later the O's employed a reliever, Rick Bauer. Double-takes throughout Baltimore upon hearing his name announced had to number high.