Tuesday, October 14, 2014

#339 - Danny Heep


What a card: Danny Heep was settling into his role as reliable left-handed pinch-hitter, appearing in 99 games but with just 199 at-bats in 1984.

My observation on the front: This card is miscut two ways, left to right and top to bottom. I hope it doesn't throw off Heep's aim.

More opinion from me: The faceless fans in the stands are freaking me out.

Something you might know: Heep is famous for being the guy the Astros sent to the Mets to acquire pitcher Mike Scott in 1982.

Something you might not know: Heep defeated two of his immediate former teams in the NLCS. In 1986, his Mets ousted the Astros, the team Heep played for from 1979-1982. Then in 1988, his Dodgers eliminated the Mets.



My observation on the back: Heep was selected 11 places ahead of Cal Ripken in the 1978 amateur draft.

The blog wants to speak now: The Movies category is updated.

No comments: