Thursday, October 18, 2018

#50T - Steve Henderson


What a card: Steve Henderson signed as a free agent with the A's in March of 1985 after two years with the Mariners.

How'd that go: He produced a decent-if-not-exactly-productive first season for Oakland, batting .301 in part-time duty. But by June of 1986, he had been released by the A's.


Backatya: I might be too tired to decipher this trivia question. I've been up nearly 24 hours. The Mets' first home game was not versus St. Louis but against Pittsburgh and they lost 4-3 in 1962. I looked at the Mets' entire schedule in 1962 and there is not a single 12-0 score. Is the trivia question asking who the opponent was the first time the Mets ever lost 12-0 at home in their history? If that's the question, that's an odd one.


Back-to-back: I like both of these cards and each feature's Henderson's familiar open-mouthed expression. I'm wondering if Henderson is out-of-breath on the bench or just talking to someone.

The flagship card is No. 640 and was originally blogged on March 17, 2017.

The blog wants to speak now: Like I mentioned earlier, I've been up far too long. I'm going to skip this part.

No comments: