Friday, September 29, 2017

#708 - Lance Parrish All-Star


Who is the man: Lance Parrish led the league in double plays turned by a catcher with 11 in 1984. He'd lead the league in that category two more times in his career.

My observation on the front: I still think this is spring training even though the sun seems to have disappeared.

More opinion from me: I just saw a picture of Lance Parrish as he is now. He looks old. Lance Parrish shouldn't look old.

All-Star performance: Parrish went 0-for-2 in the 1984 All-Star Game. He struck out twice, against Charlie Lea and Dwight Gooden.

Legitmate All-Star Card or Fake All-Star Card: It's legitimate. Parrish received his first All-Star start in 1984.


My observation on the back: I don't see many known heavyweights on that list of home run leaders. A lot of solid players not known for their slugging (Kingman excluded, of course).

The blog wants to speak now: The Ballgames category is updated.

No comments: