Tuesday, January 27, 2015

#373 - Mike Moore


What a card: Mike Moore had completed his third season with the Mariners when this card was issued and he had already lost 39 games for them. Seattle was still a long way from being a quality team.

My observation on the front: Moore looks anxiously toward the umpire for a call.

More opinion from me: I am forever mixing up Mike Moore with Matt Young. I did it when they played and I still do it. I don't know if that's fair to either one.

Something you might know: Moore was the No. 1 pick in the 1981 amateur draft. (He was already featured on this blog). He was the Mariners' second pick from the top spot in the last three years. Moore faired a little better than the Mariners' first choice in 1979, Al Chambers.

Something you might not know: As of last October, Moore was serving as a volunteer coach for a high school baseball team in his native Oklahoma.


My observation on the back: Ruth still holds the runs scored mark. This is one of those records that no one has come near in the last 80-plus years. Jeff Bagwell had the most in recent history with 152 in 2000.

The blog wants to speak now: The TV category is updated.

No comments: