Thursday, October 25, 2012

#107 - Tom Foley


What a card: This is Tom Foley's second Topps card. He would be traded to the Phillies in a deal for catcher Bo Diaz in August of 1985.

My observation on the front: Foley almost appears to be winking at someone in the stands as he's swinging away.

More opinion from me: This card is massively miscut, something I've never noticed before because, as I've said, I bought this set complete and only looked at the cards enough to put them in a binder more than 25 years ago. I'm seeing many of these for the first time as I do this blog.

Something you might know: Foley is the third base coach for the Tampa Bay Rays. He's the longest-tenured coach in Rays history, having been there for 11 years.

Something you might not know: Foley was an ambidextrous athlete in high school. He threw right-handed as a shortstop and left-handed as a quarterback.


My observation on the back: "Most strikeouts in relief in a championship series game"? Well, that's an obscure record.

The blog wants to speak now: The Music category has been updated. Madonna (*ahem*) is back on top.

No comments: