Friday, October 5, 2012

#100 - George Brett


What a card: George Brett was on the way to his first and only World Series title when this card arrived in packs. He would bounce back nicely from an injury plagued 1984 season by finishing second in the 1985 A.L. MVP voting.

My observation on the front: Kind of an odd look on Brett's face. He doesn't appear to be too confident in his swing.

More opinion from me: Wonder what's in Brett's pocket? Copenhagen? Skoal? Happy Days mint?

Something you might know: I'll go to my happy place. 1980. Game 3. Seventh inning. Brett. Gossage. Third deck.

Something you might not know: Brett missed the first 33 games of the 1984 season with a knee injury. In his first game back, against the Texas Rangers on May 18, he went 3-for-3 with a double, two singles and an intentional walk. But the Rangers won 2-1.


My observation on the back: "George is one of four baseball-playing brothers." So? I'm one of three baseball-playing brothers. Brett only beat me by one.

The blog wants to speak now: The Pop Culture tab has been updated.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Ken oitched in the majors. Bobby and J.B. played minor league ball. The brothers own a couple minor league teams together.

'30-Year Old Cardboard said...

Ah, #100! I love that old Royals logo.