Monday, December 4, 2017

#731 - Neil Allen

What a card: Neil Allen had completed his first full season with the Cardinals when this card was issued. But he was in the middle of a terrible 1985 when his card was being pulled and was dealt to the Yankees in mid-season.

My observation on the front: It looks cold there.

More opinion from me: The Cardinals cards really look nice in this set with the coordinating red and yellow. Have I mentioned this already? I probably have.

Something you might know: Allen is known as the guy who was traded from the Mets to the Cardinals in exchange for Keith Hernandez (but don't forget the Cards got Rick Ownby, too!).

Something you might not know: Allen was taught to throw a curve ball by his father, Bob, who was blind.


My observation on the back: The internet is really disinterested in League Championship Series records. I don't know if Reggie still holds the record. My guess is Derek Jeter has played in the most now. But I'm not counting them.

The blog wants to speak now: Not today. After work I am ticked off and spent. No more researching for me.

No comments: