Tuesday, October 31, 2017

#719 - Gary Carter All-Star


What a card: Gary Carter knocked in a National League-leading 106 runs in 1984.

My observation on the front: Off in the distance you can see fans hanging over the wall just hoping some big leaguer will fall into their trap.

More opinion from me: It wouldn't be a Gary Carter card without a smile.

All-Star Game performance: Carter went 1-for-2 in the 1984 All-Star Game and his solo home run off of Dave Stieb in the bottom of the second inning gave the National League a 2-1 lead, which as they say, it would not relinquish.

Legitimate All-Star card or fake All-Star card: Couldn't be more legitimate. Not only was Carter a perennial All-Star starter at this stage but he won his second NL MVP award in the '84 game.


My observation on the back: Game-Winning RBI leaders!!! We're living in the '80s!!! I kept waiting for someone to credit Dodgers catcher Austin Barnes with the game-winning RBI in Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday and not a single person said a thing.

The blog wants to speak now: The News category is updated.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I think this is my favorite Gary Carter card.