Monday, May 20, 2019

#132T - Checklist, Cards 1T-132T


What a card: Welcome to the final card in the 1985 Topps Traded set, the final card of this blog.

My observation on the front: For the Traded sets of this time, Topps dispensed with its tradition of awarding stars and semi-stars card numbers ending in "0" or "5" because the Traded sets were alphabetized by card number. You see that illustrated here. No way in the world Tim Hulett should be getting a card number ending in zero.

More opinion from me: Confession time: I am glad I've reached the last card in the set.

Something you might know: Don Aase is listed fourth alphabetically among all major leaguers behind only pitcher David Aardsma and Hank and Tommie Aaron.

Something you might not know: The player listed on the front with a birthday closest to this date is Rick Cerone, whose birthday was yesterday. Ed Whitson, shown on the back, was also born on May 19.


My observation on the back: The last card listed says "Checklist: 1-132" but it's actually "1T-132T" as it says on the front.

The blog wants to speak now: The blog would like to say, this blog has concluded! Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

steelehere said...

Congrats on another great set blog (technically two since the base and traded sets were covered).

It only seems like yesterday that you finished the 1975 Topps blog and ran a poll on which set blog you should do next (1971 Topps or 1985 Topps). Lucky for us you did both but after EIGHT years, I get why you're glad to be done.

Jason T. Carter said...

This post makes me sad. I have enjoyed this blog so much over the past several years.

JT, The Writer's Journey

Rob said...

Best set blog of all-time. fantastic.

Matt said...

Congrats on reaching the end! I enjoyed reading about every card!

Darren Lewis and Darren Bragg said...

Thank you very much for writing this blog. Over the years of this blog it has been great reading about some of my favorite players and cards from my youth. I’m sad to see it end but congratulate you on reaching the end. Hopefully you’ll do some more baseball writing in the future after a much deserved rest. I’ll probably go back and re-read these entries now!

Matt Runyon said...

Congrats on another finished blog. It’s hard to keep going at times. I really need to get a new scanner and finish 1978. Have a good rest and I hope you do another one sometime.

Andy Diver said...

Really enjoyed the blog. Thank you!

Skillz said...

I just want to say this was a good read. It inspired me to not only do something similar on my site, but it also inspired me to go out and buy the entire 1985 Topps/Traded factory sets.

Even though I only saw about 40% of the card subjects actually play.

Witz said...

Your blogs are great…I’d love to see a 73 and 74 version!