Friday, December 14, 2018

#73T - Vance Law


What a card:
Vance Law was traded from the White Sox to the Expos on Dec. 7, 1984 for pitcher Bob James, who was featured just a dozen cards ago.

How'd that go: Law achieved his most productive season to date in his first year with the Expos in 1985, delivering 138 hits in 519 at-bats.


Backatya: I'm going to assume Munson still holds the consecutive hits over two World Series record. Billy Hatcher delivered seven consecutive hits in a single World Series in 1990.


Back-to-back:
Two quality cards from Law, who is actually on three cards in this set as he also appears in the Father-Son subset. You can see Topps committed to one position for Law's Traded card.

The flagship card is No. 413 and was originally blogged on May 20, 2015.

The blog wants to speak now: The wifi is not cooperating and I'm really tired. Next time.

3 comments:

Andy Diver said...

I think you meant Topps committed to one position for his base card. His traded card lists two positions

zman40 said...

If I was Vance, I would not like that traded card.

He looks like he just realized that he has made the worst contact in his Major League career. And, now he has to hustle.

Expos 1983 Blog said...

Vance had a deceptively great 1985 with my hometown Expos. I also liked him because he looked like the dad on ALF