Wednesday, October 25, 2017

#717 - Tony Gwynn All-Star


What a card: Tony Gywnn led the league in hits and batting average, each for the first time in his career, in 1984.

My observation on the front: A fine-looking card. Love the sky background.

More opinion from me: Skinny Gwynn does not compute.

All-Star Game performance: Gwynn went 1-for-3 with a fifth-inning single in the 1984 All-Star Game, his first all-star appearance. He also stole a base.

Legitimate All-Star card or fake All-Star card: It's legit. Gwynn started in left field for the NL and was the leadoff hitter.


My observation on the back: Gwynn just dominated the field in the batting average category. Also, second place, Lee Lacy?

The blog wants to speak now: The Ballgames category is updated.

2 comments:

zman40 said...

I love this card so much, it is the one I picked to get signed by him.

Andy Diver said...

What brand of batting gloves are those ?