Thursday, October 19, 2017

#715 - Ozzie Smith All-Star


What a card: Ozzie Smith won his fifth of 13 straight gold gloves in 1984.

My observation on the front: That jacket Ozzie is wearing is so very '80s, but it was all we knew through the '70s and '80s.

More opinion from me: Smith seems to have aged quite a bit from his rookie card in 1979 to this photo.

All-Star Game performance: Smith went 0-for-3 in the 1984 All-Star Game batting from the No. 8 spot. He did steal second base after reaching on a force out.

Legitimate All-Star card or fake All-Star card: It's legit. Smith was making his second straight All-Star start.


My observation on the back: Ozzie just sneaks into the top 10!

The blog wants to speak now: The Pop Culture tab is updated.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Sign of the times - Ozzie's 35 SB would have led the American League this year...

zman40 said...

For someone that also loves the '85 set, I am ashamed to say that I have never seen this card before.