Thursday, August 14, 2014

#319 - Jeff Jones


What a card: This is the final card issued of Jeff Jones during his career. He pitched in just 13 games, going 0-3, in 1984.

My observation on the front: There's something about when Jones grew that mustache that turned him into a groovy holdover from the '70s. I mean look at it combined with that green-and-gold jersey!

More opinion from me: Once again, there's no ball in that glove.

Something you might know: Jones is now the pitching coach for the Detroit Tigers. I don't envy him with the way that bullpen performs in the postseason.

Something you might not know: Jones played in college for Bowling Green. Two of his teammates in on that team were Orel Hershiser and future umpire Jim Joyce.


My observation on the back: More startlingly easy trivia courtesy of '85 Topps.

The blog wants to speak now: The pop culture category is updated.

No comments: